South Indian bank is the major private sector bank in India established in January 29 in the year 1929. Initially it was founded as private limited company under company act to serve the financial needs of peoples in Thrissur Kerala which is also the headquarter of bank. The bank has spread its network in 27 states and 3 union territory with more than 871 branches and 20 regional offices. Bank has more than 1500 ATMs across the country. The bank has total asset of US $10 billion. Apart from the conventional banking facility south Indian bank provides advanced facilities like mobile banking and net banking to its customers. The SIBernet is the name of South Indian Bank net banking portal. SIBernet facility is available for retail, corporate and NRI customers also.
Table of Content:
1. How to register for South Indian Bank Net Banking
2. How to reset login password of internet banking
3. How to retrive forgotten password
4. South Indian Bank Net Banking Features
5. Online Banking FAQ
6. Important Links
Here you will get detail procedure for registration. let’s see the step by step procedure.
How to Register for South Indian Bank Net Banking (SIBernet)?
You can register for SIBernet facility by two way,
- Through branch
You can register for internet banking online .You need your account number and debit card details for that. To apply online you must satisfy the criteria given below.
1. Your bank account should be in Active status (SB/CD/OD/CCOL/NRE/NRO
2. There should NOT be an existing SIB Internet Banking facility in your account.
3. This facility is applicable only for Retail customers (Including Proprietary concerns) having a valid ATM card.
4. Corporate customers can apply for Internet Banking through the branch.
5. Your Mobile Number and Email id should be registered with your Account.
6. Jointly operated accounts can avail Internet Banking facility through Branch.
For Retail Customer
Step 1 : Visit Homepage
This will take you to the SIBernet log in portal.
Step 2 : CONTINUE TO REGISTER
On the next page you will see some instructions and information related to SIBernet. You can read and can skip but simply clicking on CONTINUE TO REGISTER and you will be redirected to SIBernet portal.
Step 3 : Log In Portal
On the log in portal you will see the option New User Registration. Click on it.
Step 4: User Details
A new box will be open where you have to enter your account number, registered mobile number and email id. After that enter the captcha code and click on GET MY OTP.
Step 5 :OTP validation
An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number enter this OTP and validate.
Step 6 : Debit card Details
After the validation of OTP , you will be on next page where two step verification is done with the help of debit card details. Enter the details of your debit card linked to your account and click on SUBMIT.
Step 7 : Setting Log in ID & Password
In this step set a log in id for your account preferable to you and set log in and transaction password separately. After that click on SUBMIT.
Step 8 : Summary
The success message will generate and option to log in will be provided. Enter the User id and password and log in into your account.
How to reset Log in Password?
If you forgot password nothing to worry . You can reset the new password using SIBernet portal. Just visit the portal and click on the forgot password link provided. You can reset your password through the link in following simple steps.
Step 1 : Log in portal
Visit the south Indian bank net banking log in portal and click on Forgot Password link provided at the bottom. Following image shows the forgot password option.
Step 2 : Reset Option
Now select the option for reset password using debit card. Click on CONTINUE.
Step 3 : Enter User Details
Enter your user id and Account number and click on CONTINUE .
Step 4 : Debit card Details
After that enter the card Detail And click on Submit.
Step 5 : OTP Authentication
Once you submit the debit card details an OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and validate.
Step 6 : Resetting Password
Once authentication is done using OTP received you will be provided with option to reset password. Enter the new password and click on submit and you are done.
How to Retrieve Forgotten Log in ID?
SIBernet is very secure and simple portal to use. If You forgot the User id Then Nothing to worry. You can retrieve your User id /log in id . To do so visit the SIBernet portal and click on Forgot User Id. You retrieve in following simple steps.
Step 1: Account Details
Enter your account number and registered mobile number also enter the captcha code and click on Proceed .
Step 2: OTP validation
Once you click on proceed an OTP will be sent on registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and validate.
Step 3 : Get User Id
After OTP validation the User id Will be sent on your registered mobile number and Email ld. In this way you can retrieve your User id.
2.Registration Through branch
1. You can also register for south Indian bank net banking through branch personally. For that visit your home branch where you hold bank account and submit the application request along with the necessary documents.
2. You can download the application form from below.
3. Once your application is processed back to the branch office.
4. Once branch receives this receipt your internet banking will be activated.
Features and Benefits of South Indian Bank net banking
Internet banking is an important and most efficient facility . You can do all your banking related operations online with the power of internet. As it is 24/7 available and fast way of doing transactions. Apart from these features let’s see some more benefits and features.
1. You can check account balance and transaction history can also print statement.
2. You can pay your utility bills credit card bills using SIBernate.
3. You can transfer funds to any bank account and your bank account using NEFT and RTGS Through internet banking.
4. You can pay your income tax online.
5. Order new check book.
6. You can do mobile recharge and can purchase things online.
South Indian Bank Net Banking FAQ
ANS:- No, SIBernet is free of cost.You will be charged only for fund transfer as per the NEFT and RTGS charges.
ANS:- The change of password is recommended frequently for account security. There is no limit to change your transaction and log in password.
ANS:-Yes you can transfer funds to any branch of any bank with valid IFSC code.
ANS:- No, for online registration purpose your mobile number as well as valid email id must be registered with the bank.
ANS:- No .if you have joint account the only way is to visit home branch and apply offline by filling the application request with necessary documents.