As mobile numbers have become important entities in the banking, all the banks mandatorily link mobile number with the account number of person. The person who holds account in Canara Bank can’t open account without providing a valid mobile number. Customers can avail multiple services as benefits when they link their account number.
How to Link mobile number with Canara Bank Account
There are only two ways to change registered mobile number with you Canara Bank account number.
- By Visiting ATM
- By Visiting Branch
Please note that Canara bank does not allow change of mobile number in following circumstances.
1. “Canara Bank Does not allow you to update/link your registered mobile number using net banking“.
2. “You can’t change/link mobile number through SMS“
3. “You can’t update/link mobile number with Canara Bank by calling customer care“source
1. Visit the Branch
You will have to carry your Canara Bank account passbook along to your home barnch. After visiting branch, you will be provided with an application form to get registered with new mobile number or linking mobile number. You will have to enter your details such as
1. Account number
2. Customer ID
4. New Mobile Number
After submitting form at the branch, the new mobile number will be linked with your account number within 24 hours. The successful registeration SMS will be sent to your new mobile number.
2. By Visiting ATM
You can also change your registered mobile number with account at the Canara Bank ATM machine.
Step 1: You will have to swipe your Canara Bank ATM card & select language.
Step 2: Enter your 4 digit ATM PIN and press on ‘Continue’ button.
Step 3: You will reach on the Fast Cash screen, here select option ‘Main Menu’
Step 4: Select ‘Other Services’ at the bottom left corner of the ATM screen.
Step 5: A new screen will appear with multiple services. Select ‘mobile banking registration’ option from the list.
Step 6: On the next screen you will be asked to enter mobile number. Here, enter the mobile number that you want to link with your Canara Bank account. You will be asked to Re-Enter the mobile number to confirm.
Step 7: Select type of your account i.e, Saving Accout or Current Account.
A success message will be displayed on the screen as below.
User ID and MPIN will be sent to you on your registered mobile number through SMS. You have to change the MPIN in order to activate the mobile banking feature on your new number.
Benefits of Linking Mobile Number with Account
Mobile numbers are integral part of banking. Your mobile number plays direct as well as indirect role while perfoming day to day banking operations. Some of the benefits of linking mobile number with your Canara bank account are as follows
- You can receive SMS related to various services offered by banks.
- You will be notified instantly regarding any debit or credit transaction on your account through SMS.
- Your mobile number will validate the access to Canara Bank net banking services through OTP.
- Mobile number protects your cash in your account as in case of your ATM card theft, the thieves can not withdraw amount more than INR 10K.
- You can avail Canara Bank missed call service to check mini statement or balance of your account.
From the past couple of years, banks do not allow to open account without mobile numbers. Linking mobile number with account number provides additional security to operating bank accounts. Hence it is important for all the customers of not only Canara Bank but from other banks too should link their mobile number with the account number.